The boys and I had a great opportunity this summer to go to Chicago with our friends Stacey and Halle. They know Chicago very well and invited us to visit with them. We were gone for 10 days, just two CrAzY moms and five kids. We left on a Saturday morning and arrived in Chicago Sunday night. Two crazy days in the car with the kids. We did so much in Chicago the kids were begging us to stay in the condo and not have to walk any more. Stacey and I dragged those kids all across Chicago. The triplets got to celebrate their 7th birthday with their best friend Halle in Chicago. For their birthday we took them to the Hersey store where the entire store sang Happy Birthday to them, then off to the ESPN Zone for mini bowling, and riding jet skis. Then off to dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe where they had fire on their desserts. Then we headed off and saw more of Chicago in a carriage ride around Lake Michigan. We headed for home with sadness of leaving such a great city. After driving four and a half hours the wrong direction Stacey and I had a stomach ache from laughing so hard when we realized we missed the turn off. Two crazy moms on the loose in a big city is NEVER a good idea but it sure was FUN!!! We had a blast and so thankful for the love and friendship that Halle and her family show our family. We are truly blessed for all the great people in our lives.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
CHiCaGo MeMoRieS
The boys and I had a great opportunity this summer to go to Chicago with our friends Stacey and Halle. They know Chicago very well and invited us to visit with them. We were gone for 10 days, just two CrAzY moms and five kids. We left on a Saturday morning and arrived in Chicago Sunday night. Two crazy days in the car with the kids. We did so much in Chicago the kids were begging us to stay in the condo and not have to walk any more. Stacey and I dragged those kids all across Chicago. The triplets got to celebrate their 7th birthday with their best friend Halle in Chicago. For their birthday we took them to the Hersey store where the entire store sang Happy Birthday to them, then off to the ESPN Zone for mini bowling, and riding jet skis. Then off to dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe where they had fire on their desserts. Then we headed off and saw more of Chicago in a carriage ride around Lake Michigan. We headed for home with sadness of leaving such a great city. After driving four and a half hours the wrong direction Stacey and I had a stomach ache from laughing so hard when we realized we missed the turn off. Two crazy moms on the loose in a big city is NEVER a good idea but it sure was FUN!!! We had a blast and so thankful for the love and friendship that Halle and her family show our family. We are truly blessed for all the great people in our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
that is such a great picture and I can picture you laughing and missing the turn - miss ya girl :)
Hey my forever unconditional BFF, I am glad to see that you've gotten the hang of the blog world! I demand to be put back where I belong though!!!
Erin- I am so glad you found my blog! I miss you and think of you often! Yes I age you silly goose- if you could only see me in real life! I look forward to keeping up with your happenings! Love- Jen
PS- I'm adding you to my list!
Post a Comment