(I took this picture and love it)
We went to Salt Lake for the weekend just before Christmas. My favorite place to be at Christmas time is Temple Square. It reminds me of the reason for the season. I dragged my family with me to visit Temple Square and I had to bribe them with a carriage ride around Temple Square. Well we definitely were not prepared for the cold that hit us that evening. The kids were so cold and their toes were frozen, but we went on the carriage ride anyway. After getting on and seeing the sights from the carriage was breathe taking. Everyone loved it. We had a great time until it was time to drive home on Sunday and what usually takes us about 5 hours or so took us 8 1/2 hours to get home. I drove since the roads were bad, Scott doesn't want to hear me complain about his driving so he pops in a DVD and tunes me out. I did the driving and it was snowing and windy and just not a fun drive home, although it was probably one of the quietest rides from Utah home. We made it home without sliding off the road.




1 comment:
The most indelible memory of every trip I've ever taken to see the lights at Temple Square is the all-penetrating cold--how bad is that?
Post a Comment